Italian Study Visa
Non-Italian students who are citizens of other EU states do not need a study visa. Citizens of non-EU states must obtain a study visa from the Italian Embassy or Consulate in the country of their nationality. We strongly recommend applicants requiring a visa to consult the Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country for information on deadlines for visa application before contacting us.
After receiving the Pre-Acceptance Letter for the chosen study program, the following documentation must be submitted to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in the home country. Both originals and copies of items 2, 4, 5 and 6 shall be submitted for inspection by the reviewing officer at the Embassy or Consulate.
The originals will be returned upon completion of the inspection and the copies retained. Link can assist with documentation for item 7, upon request.
1. Application for study visa
2. Pre-acceptance Letter for the chosen study program
3. Recent passport-size photograph
4. Passport or other travel document with an expiry date at least three months later than the expiry date of the study visa being requested
5. Declaration of Value
6. Demonstration of the availability of means of subsistence in relation to the stay in Italy
7. Proof of stay in Italy
8. A student health insurance policy valid in Italy